The need to monitor an infrastructure and its area of influence systematically in order to get detailed information in a short space of time is a strategic activity these days, either for public institutions or the companies that run them.
The use of fixed-wing drones (UAS) enables the cost-effective and speedy tackling of many surveillance tasks which are currently carried out by other means. This also allows the incorporation of new tasks which were not previously covered and the inclusion of the data obtained into the companies’ IT systems. UAS services both substitute and complement other technologies (ground-based inspection, helicopter flight, satellite images). The UAS solution by Exodronics provides a geo-information value chain consisting of equipment with a long flight endurance, long range communication systems and the application of mapping procedures, remote sensing and artificial intelligence.
WHY USE THE FIXED-WING EXO C2-L?
One of the characteristics of infrastructure networks is their sheer length (tens or hundreds of km). Monitoring them requires the use of UAS with a long flight range. Our fixed-wing UAS, the EXO C2-L allows the successful completion of these demands:
1. Its aeronautical design (with a weight of less than 2kg) complies 100% with European aeronautical guidelines of the sector (Regulation UE-2019/945).
2. It has a flight of more than 1 hour flying time (75 min).
3. It has a control system which allows flight beyond the line of sight (long range BVLOS) and permanent communication with the based Control Centre for the transmission of telemetry data, flight control, real-time video and images.
4. It boasts an interchangeable Cartridge System, which facilitates the operation of multiple sensors (RGB, Multispectral, Thermal, Video).
5. The EXO C2-L is characterised by its precision take off and landing system: manual take off and technologically assisted landing (BTOL-Bird-Take-Off and Landing), safe and automatic in a reduced area.
6. The combination of capabilities of the fixed-wing UAS permits
5x productivity compared to operating a multicopter.
IMPROVING MANAGEMENT OF THE NETWORK:
Tools to optimise preventative and corrective maintenance, construction and supervision.
IMPROVEMENTS IN SAFETY:
Early detection of dangers and minimisation of human intervention.
IMPROVEMENTS IN PRODUCTIVITY:
BVLOS flights along extensive stretches. Improvement in capabilities compared to traditional methods.
- Management and control of infrastructures.
- Inspection of assets / early detection of changes and fires.
- Monitoring of the implementation of projects.
- Infrastructure mapping and updating.
- Emergencies: network and facilities monitoring.
- Monitoring of geological risks in sensitive sectors of the network.
- Vegetation encroachment.